There is no underestimating the importance of a wedding ring. Not only is this piece of jewellery a symbol of the eternal love shared between you and your partner, but it is also something you are going to wear for the rest of your life. Thus, it is imperative that you choose your wedding band with extreme care. This is exactly what this post is here to help you with. Read on to discover some top tips for buying the ideal wedding ring.
What do you need to consider when buying a wedding ring?
- Metal – Your choice of metal is one of the most important decisions you will have to make when selecting a wedding ring. It is advisable to go for a metal that matches in with the jewellery you wear on a daily basis. Platinum, yellow gold and white gold are the three most popular options.
- Setting – This impacts the security of the diamonds in your ring, as well as the style. This is why the setting is one of the most vital components to bear in mind when choosing ring between various wedding bands. Bezel settings are ideal for those seeking maximum security. However, a prong setting allows a greater amount of light to go through the diamond, and thus you will benefit from a greater sparkle.
- Style – Typically, your wedding ring will be subtly beautiful. The engagement ring tends to take centre stage whilst the wedding ring offers the ideal balance. However, this does not mean it has to be dull! You can still incorporate diamonds and other adornments. Nevertheless, it is advisable to go for a timeless style so that you know you will love it for the rest of your life.
- Comfort – Comfort is a quality a lot of people fail to consider. However, it is an extremely important attribute to bear in mind. After all, this ring is never going to leave your finger! You need to make sure it fits like a glove.
- Engravings – Engravings are extremely popular as they give you and your partner the opportunity to personalise the ring to your marriage specifically. From the wedding date, to a religious reference, to a popular quote, the options are endless.
- Custom made – One of the best ways to ensure you are one hundred per cent satisfied with your wedding ring is to have it custom made. Not only will your ring completely match in with your taste, but also it will be unique to you. You will be the only person in the world with that wedding ring. It doesn’t get much more special than that, does it? You will need to find a quality jeweller if you go down this route. There are so many jewellers who is having over 40 years’ experience in design and personalisation and this is why they are the greatest bespoke jeweller for a unique wedding ring in HK.
- His and hers – The last thing you need to think about is the prospect of buying his and hers matching wedding bands. This is an idea a lot of people like because marriage is all about unity and thus a matching set is an apt representation of this.